Here is the recipe for my yummy Brown Rice and Tofu Salad!
Its packed with wholesome and all vegetarian ingredients, and with very little ingredients – you can create a beautiful meal!
You can totally change up the complex carb that you want to use, I have made this recipe using soba noodles and it turned out great! Also, adding the avocado on the side is just for additional healthy fats, however if you are not a fan or are avoiding fats – then simply omit this step at the end!
Brown Rice Tofu Salad
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 1/2 red cabbage chipped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 6 stems broccolini, or 1 whole broccoli
- 1 avocado, enough sesame seeds to cover
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp Tamari (you can also use soy)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions. Hint: if you are on a budget, use the brown rice cups you can buy in supermarkets – they are super cheap and the perfect portion size. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the tofu sauce. Chop tofu into small squares, and place in bowl. Stir gently (don’t break the tofu), and coat well. Leave to soak.
- Prepare cabbage by chopping finely into thin strips. Finely chop coriander, and combine in a large mixing bowl with cabbage. Add cooked rice, and stir.
- Prepare broccolini by chopping the stems into four chunks. Steam in a microwave or pot until just tender, this usually takes around 2-3 mins max. Hunt: if haying broccoli, chop the heads only and steam. Add to brown rice mixture.
- To cook tofu, heat a pan on a medium heat with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. Add tofu, and cook, flipping consistently to reach a golden and crispy texture. Remove immediately after cooking.
- Combine tofu with warm rice mixture, and add extra Tamari. Slice an avocado length ways, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide rice between plates, and add avocado! Enjoy!