The following recipe is not vegan, vegetarian, healthy, clean-eating approved, or for the faint hearted.
I have made a multitude of different brownies in my time. Some start with cocoa, others with dark chocolate, black beans, zucchini, white chocolate, cacao nibs, or even pumpkin… You name it, I have probably put it in a brownie.
However, although the variations above provide different styles and textures of brownie, we all like our chocolate delights very different right?
Some like em’ chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside; some like their brownies so gooey they are pretty much left uncooked. I myself… am a sucker for any brownie with chunks. And I assure you… this recipe certainly fits that mould.
Gooey and crunchy… Soft yet crispy… and a super large handful of chocolate chunks.
Because this recipe actually involves NO chocolate or cocoa powder in the mixture itself… the sweet hazelnut and chocolate notes come solely from addition of Nutella. Topped with sea salt, these brownies also offer both sweet and salty action. And… not only are these brownies a versatile way to include your favourite candy bars and chocolate flavours, but are also super fuss-free and easy for anyone (and I do mean anyone) to create. Only one bowl? Hell yeah.
Nutella Chocolate Snickers Oreo Caramel Brownies.
The recipe below includes all my favourites;
Snickers bars for that ever so gorgeous peanut crunch.
Chocolate chips for melt in your mouth goodness.
Salted caramel bites for a creamy and rich texture….
and far too many smashed Oreo cookies for one sitting.
Feel free to individualise this recipe for yourself too, adding any of your favourites to the mixing bowl as you please.
This exact recipe makes 12 gloriously rich and calorie-packed brownies. So embrace them, enjoy them by yourself or with friends, and don’t you dare feel bad for eating them.
After all, chocolate fixes everything right?
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (370g) Nutella, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (94g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (135g) Chocolate chips
- 2 Snickers bars, chopped up
- 1 packet of Oreo cookies, smashed
- 1 cup of small salted caramels (you can buy from the supermarket)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a square baking pan with parchment/baking paper. Make sure you leave an overhang on all sides of the tin, to ensure any overflow doesn’t flop out and burn the bottom of your oven, and so that you can easily lift the brownies out of the pan when cool.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together for 1-2 minutes until creamy, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium-high speed until well combined. Add your Nutella and salt, and continue mixing until smooth. Turn the mixer off, and add flour, then give it a quick mix just until combined (do not overmix the batter).
- If using chocolate chips, gently fold them in. Add your chopped Snickers bars, crushed Oreo cookies, caramels, and fold through.
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan, and with the remaining Nutella, drop teaspoonfuls around the top. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake in an oven for 25-30 minutes, keeping an eye on them, and testing with a toothpick to ensure they are still gooey in the middle. Remove from oven.
- Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, and lift out of the pan using the overhang of baking paper.
- Cut into squares or slices, and enjoy!